What (is the purpose of these courses?)
A downstream oil refinery has two distinct areas of operations namely, onsite operations and offsite operations. Onsite operations focuses on process units to manufacture intermediate products (not sellable directly), whereas offsite operations involves product movement with the plant, make final sellable products like fuels (gasoline, diesel, fuel oil etc.) and directly affects the refinery bottom-line to a greater extent. If these operations are not run efficiently, the refinery would lose the tangible benefits of 30-40M$/Year. These series of four courses in OMS eLearning Academy teaches to Manage, control, optimize and reconcile the refinery offsite operations to capture those tangibles, otherwise lost benefits.
- MANAGE – OMS-01 Strategic Management and Automation of Refinery Offsite Operations
- CONTROL – OMS-02 Strategic Fuels Blending Management and Technology
- OPTIMIZE – OMS-03 Principles and Applications of LP/NLP Programming in the Refining Industry
- RECONCILE – OMS-04 Hydrocarbon Management in the Refining Industry
Why (should one take these courses?)
These OMS eLearning courses are designed to:
- Let professionals learn at their own pace and not be dependent on their public offerings of OMS courses to avoid conflict of travel schedule.
- Ease the business budget restrictions for training expenses as they are inexpensive compared to public courses.
- Have different levels of learning, from basic to advanced expert levels.
- Offer learning media for professional and management alike across an enterprise.
- Enable many professionals learn on different devices, mobile, iPad, desktop, laptop anywhere anytime.
- Enable corporation to subscribe for the continuing education of their professionals working in the refinery offsite operations.
Who (should take these courses?)
These courses are offered to following refinery professionals and students
- Executives – To learn the technology and complexity of offsite operations to help them in planning revamp, budgets, schedule and most important to be able estimate Return on Investment (ROI).
- Managers – To learn the technology and complexity of offsite operations to manage daily operations, solve problems, plan and schedule the activities like movement, blending, dispatch of products etc.
- Operational Staff – To equip them with knowledge to carry-out daily operational activities, whether they are field operators, console operator, engineer (Control, Blending, IT) or just a fresh or transferred employee. These eLearning courses gives them immediate resources to learn to perform their duties efficiently and with confidence.
- Students – Junior, senior or fresh ChE graduates can get a head-start with their employment prospects by learning what is not taught in their academic curriculum and get ahead in careens.
- Consultants– technical and Management O&G consultants can learn what about their client business to make a better business case to secure their business.
- EPC / DCS Vendors – They can get a better understanding of the technology behind the refinery offsite operations and help their refinery clients to automate their offsite operations to be at par with the advanced refineries in the world.
· Operations Staff – To equip them with knowledge to carry-out daily operational activities, whether they are field operators, console operator, engineer (Control, Blending, IT) or just a fresh or transferred employee. These eLearning courses gives them immediate resources to learn to perform their duties efficiently and with confidence.